Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production can be defined as a systematic and integrated approach to managing energy, water, environmental and financial resources, eliminating or minimising waste and emissions to the environment, on a sustainable and cost-effective basis.
RECP methodologies look at enhancing the means to meet human needs while respecting the ecological carrying capacity of the earth by producing more wellbeing with less material consumption.
RECP is measured by the reduction of the resource use and the environmental impact from materials, emissions, and accidental releases per unit of production, trade, and consumption of goods and services over their full life cycles.
- The end user course equips trainees with the knowledge, understanding and tools that will enable them to initiate the development and implementation of RECP.
- The Expert Level course is aimed at equipping delegates with the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to support the adoption and implementation of RECP in industry. Delegates will gain practical experience in implementing and reviewing RECP, as well as being able to report on its performance.
Minimum requirements for the RECP expert level courses:
- Completed the relevant 2-day end user training.
3 year degree in environmental science or any engineering discipline combined with 4 years’ experience as
- Environmental Manager OR
- Plant Engineer OR
- Energy Manager OR
- Energy Efficiency Practitioner OR
- Sustainability Manager OR
- Industrial Efficiency Manager OR
- Environmental Sustainability/Energy Consultant
All CV’s and proof of qualifications must be submitted together with the registration forms for screening purposes. You will be notified in due course whether you have been accepted or not onto the training.