The services of the NCPC-SA are subsidised at this stage, and are offered to participating companies at little or no cost. However, whilst significant savings can be achieved by implementing the less expensive housekeeping cleaner production solutions, full implementation to maximize cost benefits requires investment in greener technologies.
To address this issue, there is a range of incentive schemes which companies can apply for if adopting cleaner production as a tool to improve efficiency and competitiveness.
Various incentive schemes are offered to industry by the dti, the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC), Eskom and others.
- The Manufacturing Competitiveness Enhancement Programme (MCEP)
- The 12I Tax Allowance Programme (the dti)
- The Manufacturing Investment Programme (MIP)
- The Automotive Investment Scheme (AIS)
- The Green Energy Efficiency Fund (IDC)
For you convenience, the South African government has set up a website dedicated to incentives at http://www.investmentincentives.co.za