About the Conference
The biennial Industrial Efficiency Conference of the National Cleaner Production Centre South Africa (NCPC-SA) is a flagship event in the Centre’s mandated effort to raise awareness and educate industry on the application and benefits of Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) methodologies.
The 2017 event will be held in September 2017 in Cape Town, following successful events in Gauteng and KwaZulu Natal in 2013 and 2015 respectively.
As its theme – transitioning industry to a low carbon economy - implies, the event is aimed at equipping industry (small, medium and large manufacturers, retailers and businesses) with an awareness of how to benefit from the implementation of resource efficient and cleaner production in their processes in their journey to becoming cleaner, more sustainable businesses.
The conference aims to create a platform where key players in the field of the green economy, resource efficiency, waste management and other sustainable consumption and production areas can discuss and showcase opportunities for behaviour change in industry.
Topics will include:
- Energy efficiency and sustainable energy
- Water Efficiency
- Waste management and industrial symbiosis
- Lifecycle thinking and eco-innovation
- Carbon mitigation and reporting
- Value addition through sustainability
- Local and sustainable procurement
- Localisation and green technology
- Behavioural economics and driving change
- Eco-labelling and consumer demand
- Financing resource efficiency and sustainability initiatives
- Green skills development
Who should attend?
The Conference is aimed at manufacturers and other industry, business, labour and government departments with an interest in industrial development and sustainability issues.
Date: 14 – 15 September
Venue: Century City Conference Centre, Cape Town, South Africa
Cost: No charge