Overview of Training Offerings
Subsidised training courses are offered in Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth. Company training sessions can be arranged on request.
Training courses are offered at introductory, end-user and expert level, and have been designed to provide a comprehensive learning pathway for those wishing to develop expertise in the field.
- RECP Training is based on the UNIDO/UNEP toolkit and equips trainees with the skills required to conduct RECP assessments and implementation in companies. RECP methodologies include the analysis of raw materials, water, waste and energy consumption and identification of resource efficiency opportunities.
- Energy Management Systems Training presents a methodological, organised approach to managing energy usage, based on the SANS/ISO50001 standard. It is aimed at individuals who are responsible for developing and implementing energy management systems in companies.
- Energy Systems Optimisation training programme includes courses on a number of energy systems, including Compressed Air, Fans, Pumps, Steam and Motors. They combine theoretical and practical components as well as appropriate software toolkits.
End User Training
(Duration: 2 days / All disciplines)
The End User training will provide technical professionals with the knowledge and tools necessary to initiate resource efficient and cleaner production (RECP), energy management systems (EnMS) and energy systems optimisation (ESO) interventions, as well as a holistic understanding of the benefits and processes of RECP, EnMS and ESO.
Expert Level Training
The Expert Level training programme comprises theoretical and in-company practical modules spread over a number of months.
- Candidates will need to first complete the end user level training in the relevant discipline
- Expert candidates become UNIDO certified energy experts with international recognition
- Practical in-plant work forms a key component of the training and will determine the duration, but most experts train for 9 to 12 months.
Did you know?
Your company can qualify for 1 complimentary seat in the relevant expert level training by:
- Registering as a host or candidate plant for Expert Level training OR;
- Signing to host a NCPC-SA RECP intern OR;
- Agreeing to be the site of an NCPC-SA case study for publication (demonstration plant).
Download the training courses overview flier (A4)
Download the NCPC-SA training courses brochure